PPDS which is the generation planning some portion of SAP APO is currently integrated to SAP S/4HANA from 1610 on-start onwards. The migration of PPDS to SAP S/4HANA accompanies improvements in CIF framework for master and information with an adjusted procedure joining with SAP S/4HANA.
SAP PPDS for S/4HANA enables the user to use PPDS in a likewise simplified way where he doesn't have to worry much about CIF.
Let's have a look at what is the first feature in material master for S/4HANA with PPDS.
In the performance MM01, there is a new system “Advanced planning” which would tell whether the material should be analyzed for planning quickly in PPDS.
It holds the data like planning system, limit, plan explosion etc.
Alike way, work center also has a checkbox for "Advanced Planning".
S/4HANA has produced it simple for the master data CIF. PPDS for S/4HANA but does only one system but the CIF of data to PPDS is much simpler.
PPDS holds various characteristics, that is considered as many advanced features
- Sub-daily plan possibilities.
- Advanced plan and scheduling characteristics like Finite/ Complete scheduling, structure matrix, flow constraints, Min/Max distances, alternative methods, propagation of schedule changes overall BOM levels, multilevel material flow clarity using pegging.
- Simulative planning abilities
- Business planning features and high-level algorithms to support Automotive, mill, process management etc. including
- Heuristics for compressed planning, load leveling, closing gaps, … and heuristic framework
- Several optimizers
PPDS for S/4HANA has made many improvements to Standalone SCM-APO-PP/DS to clarify CIF in one system, even though it's not fully eliminated. Changes are made in following topics
- Arranged master data.
- Material master as a CDS view, One Source Maintenance.
- Create, Update for Source of Supply without Queues.
- Clear transactional data Integration.
- MRP Live Run with SAP ERP and “Advanced Planning” Materials
- Joined Order Conversion Reports
- Period-Based consumption selected for PPDS
- Visually Harmonized protection for PPDS
- Fiori apps Monitor Capacity Utilization and Production Scheduling Board
The user has the opportunity to build the product in ERP fully and then CIF it to PPDS, "fully" I mean all the details like planning procedure, plan report, lot size etc.
For more information, visit: https://www.sapvits.com/project/sap-s4-hana-ppds-online-training/