Enterprise file security has experienced an increased uptake as companies extend their record protection measures to stop not only document congestion but also control how users utilize files. DRM license delivers an additional layer of safety controlling document safety procedure and is an agile alternative to conventional enterprise document security options.
Among the commonest problems the Business must solve is record content security within the Enterprise - commonly called Enterprise Document Security. There are various cases of sensitive company files that have to be available internally but also needs to be held within specified groups of individuals. They aren't designed for general distribution away from the Enterprise. These generally include:
- Internal policies and procedures
- Internal standards
- Price lists
- Financial documents including budgets, results, potential mergers or acquisitions
- Restructuring plans
- Client/customer analyses
- Product manuals
- Internal training documents
Enterprise document security solutions
As you can imagine, an assortment of enterprise document security services and products are developed to try to remedy these issues. Systems have been developed that prohibit using USB or 'flash' drives even when installed on the hardware. Email providers have developed scanning methods to attempt to detect documents which should not go out, unless encrypted for a particular recipient. This has the problem that a legitimate document format the scanner doesn't recognize will be denied and that files containing reserved words as part of their regular structure will also be denied. Scanning systems should therefore be treated with some caution. Forbidding the use of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) has already been attempted, but generally the more senior management insist on using tablets and phones for convenience and speed so that you wind up having to take all of the flexibility. DRM providers like us customize the solutions according to the needs of our clients and provide high-level security to every digital document possessed by them.
What can you do about it?
Putting up network barriers does not solve the problem because users have too many ways round or through them, so one has to protect the actual document and content directly.
Enterprise Digital Rights Management
That is where Enterprise Digital Rights Management (Enterprise DRM or Enterprise Rights Management) measures in. However, this implies introducing a complete series of controllers that don't exist at the normal operating system, for example:
- Controlling printing - stopping printing or limiting the number of prints
- Assessing IP or range(s) of IP addresses to be verified in order that confidential files can only be seen In the workplace
- Stopping Print Screen and screen grabbing
- Authorizing individuals or groups to use information subject to your controls
- Preventing off-premise BYOD use
- Stop the ability to pass on uncontrolled documents
- Having timed use of documents
- Be able to suspend or cancel document use in real-time if necessary.
These are 'Digital Rights Management' course controls rather than simply access controllers, and so you'll want to use another system to control and administer your protected files.
Integrating Enterprise DRM
In larger organizations using another enterprise Record Security system may present more requirements, for example:
- Integration with Single Sign On (SSO) systems for administration
- Automation of new document protection
- Ability to require users to be online or allow offline
- Automation of secured document distribution
- No key management requirements
- Allowing Internet access to documents.
SSO integration delivers the capacity to affix the practice of logging multiple times into internal systems, a large issue with password and users management methods (along with the patience of those administrators?).
Usually there is a Document Management System (DMS) that is used to marshal and collate new documents. Sometimes these are produced by collaboration.
For more information, visit: https://www.buydrm.com/