If your medical condition prevents you from taking a job or find employment, you might be eligible to get disability benefits under the Social Security Disability Insurance Law. To qualify for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), the Social Security Administration has set up a few norms.
- The person cannot work as before
- The person has a condition, usually physical disability, which prevents him in engaging in profitable activities to earn a living.
- The disability is expected to last at least for a year or has been the same for more than a year.
- The person has a disability that can eventually result in death
- The person cannot take up or adjust to a job, because the medical condition makes it hard to do so.
It might be confusing for people to understand if they qualify for SSDI benefits, which is why many choose to get in touch with a lawyer. As for the amount paid, it largely depends on the average of past earnings of the person. As for 2017, the monthly disability payment on an average was $1171, with maximum benefit reaching about $2,687.
When to seek legal help?
Thanks to the formalities involved, one can be denied SSDI benefits, and such cases are not uncommon. In fact, legal experts and lawyers can solve the issue for you. The first step is to understand if you are actually eligible to get the benefits under Social Security Disability Insurance Law. Your lawyer will explain everything in detail, following which the follow steps are to be taken.
- Completing the application. The paperwork involved in Social Security Disability Insurance Law application can be complicated at best. Many people are not sure of how to go ahead, which is why they seek legal expertise on the matter. The lawyer’s team can ensure that the trail of papers is completed as per requirements.
- Assistance with the reconsideration. Applications are often rejected, as mentioned earlier, and if that has occurred, do not panic or lose hope. Talk to your lawyer, who can file a request for reconsideration. Do not delay with the step, because the reconsideration request must be filed within 60 days after the first application is rejected.
- The third step is about Administrative Law Judge Hearing, which is required when the request for reconsideration is denied, as well. Another application will be moved by your lawyer before an Administrative Law Judge.
If your lawyer is competent, you can win the case in your favor in no time. It is important that you choose the right attorney for Social Security Disability Insurance Law application and follow-up procedures, if required. Take your time to evaluate the legal services available, and don't shy away from asking relevant questions. Keep in mind that your lawyer can save considerable time and money, and their payments are usually linked with the services they provide. Ask for references and meet your legal team in person before taking the final call on moving an application.
Ladas Law Firm, P.C.
90 Rockland Street, Suite 4
Hanover, MA 02339
Telephone: (781) 829-9191
Toll Free: (844) 291-4296
Fax: (781) 829-2161
For more information, visit: http://www.ladaslaw.com