Quebec Immigration Department has stated, "November 19, 2018 - The timeframe for submitting an expression of interest created in Arrima has been extended from 30 to 90 days."
“Beyond this timeframe, an expression of interest form that is not submitted will be deleted along with the information it contains. If this occurs, individuals who are still interested in immigrating to Québec can complete a new one.”
The new information turns the spotlight on the fact that the Quebec Immigration candidate can now have 90 days to submit a complete Expression of Interest. This decision has brought the much-needed ease in the already stringent Express Entry System procedure.
After the flag off of Quebec's Expression of Interest system on September 18, 2018 the province has witnessed better matching candidates to its labour market needs. The system is particularly aimed at streamlining the process of applying for Quebec Immigration in the swiftest and easiest way possible.
Candidates now have the access to submit the Expression of Interest where the high-scoring profiles will be invited to apply for a Quebec Certificate of Selection (CSQ) under the Quebec Skilled Worker Program. Upon receiving the invitation to apply for CSQ and to submit an application, the Candidate must acquire passing scores required for the program based on the QSWP Points Grid.
At the outset of the new decision, the current first-come first-served system has been replaced with the sole purpose to select the quality skilled force for Immigration to Canada. Furthermore, it is expected to reduce the processing time for economic immigration applicants to less than a year.
Quebec Expression of Interest Structure Explained!!
- Submit an online expression of interest profile to the portal of Quebec Ministry of Immigration, Diversity and Inclusion (MIDI).
- Profiles are ranked against each other upon entering in the Expression of Interest pool. The profile is valid for 12-months only.
- The highest-ranking candidates will attain an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for the Quebec Certificate of Selection (CSQ) under the Quebec Skilled Worker Program.
- Quebec conducts frequent draws inviting the candidates to apply for a Quebec certificate of selection (CSQ).
- Upon receiving the invitation, the candidates have 90 days to submit a full application.
- Approved candidates who receive the nomination certificate (CSQ) can proceed with the Application for Canadian permanent residence.
Quebec Expression of Interest Requirements:
Candidates get acquire the rank based on many factors such as age, education, language ability, work experience, and time spent in Quebec. Having the valid job offer is also a significant factor to strengthen the application. Additionally, the qualifications of the spouse/partner of a candidate are taken into account for the ranking.
For more information, visit: https://www.abhinav.com/news/extension-timeframe-submitting-expression-interest.aspx