CAT 2012@ Weak in Verbal Ability? 5 Ways to start & strengthen the area for CAT 2012
This article of MBAUniverse.com is meant for those MBA aspirants who are weak in English and have not been able to kick start their preparation for CAT 2012 yet.
This article of MBAUniverse.com is meant for those MBA aspirants who are weak in English and have not been able to kick start their preparation for CAT 2012 yet. CAT brings surprise every year. For the takers of CAT 2012, the exam might bring in some surprises as well.
B - 7, Second Floor, Sector-64,
UP - 201301
If you are weak in the Verbal Ability section, you must identify the specific areas of your weaknesses. Once you are done with that, half your job is already made easy. As S K Agarwal, Author and Verbal Ability Expert MBAUniverse.com says, If you can identify your weaknesses in this section and wish to improve yourself in the module of Verbal Ability you need to start now.
How do I start with my Verbal Ability preparation? This is the most common question which students are asking while starting with the preparation for CAT 2012. According to Agarwal, this is a very tricky question. Improvement required in Verbal ability may be in one or more of the following sections:
1.Error corrections in sentences-error types may be of parts of speech in grammar e.g. Articles, singular/plural, nouns/pronouns/adjectives/adverbs/prepositions, use of relatives etc.
2.Error corrections may be in the use of tenses-verb agreement according to the rules of standard written English, syntax used in construction of sentence, parallel actions etc.
3.It can also be to test the knowledge of correct use of vocabulary words in various contexts including their synonyms & antonyms.
4. Correction of wrong use of phrases/idioms in sentences or parts of paragraph.
5. Jumbled paragraphs, last sentence completion, RC.
Agarwal suggests that when you start start with that section which is more familiar to you since it goes on keeping your interest intact with line of preparation. Go on adding more sections with higher difficulty levels.
1. Grammar: It is very important that the CAT 2012 aspirant should be well versed with the fundamentals of grammar, which is the first and foremost step to achieve finesse in English. You should study usage of various distinctive parts of speech, correction of grammatical errors, application of Articles, nouns, pronouns, non-finites, Reported speech, Adjectives, adverbs, conjunctions, verb pattern, singular/plural, usage of phrases etc. These are required to correct the grammatical errors. Earlier CAT had number of questions based on correction of articles, singular/plurals, use of relatives, verbs etc. Hence, you should have the knowledge of writing grammatically correct sentences.
2. Tenses: It can be classified as the part which enables one to frame short or long sentences, write stories, essays etc. A little knowledge or incorrect knowledge of the same might land the student in trouble. It is of utmost importance to write the sentences in correct and applicable tenses, otherwise the entire learning will become futile. You should understand and practice all the rules to use tenses in three time zones i.e. Past, present and future.
3.Vocabulary: Enriching the word power is required not only for the purpose of getting grand success in CAT 2012 but through-out the life, you beam with a built up confidence filled with rich Vocabulary. It would primarily require two aspects - understanding and knowing the word. The words which we have not come across earlier are to be recognized and interpreted. Later these words are to be learned and kept in memory, by using and revising them. Hence, while getting ready to learn new words, take the periodical tips, their roots, prefixes-suffixes etc.
4.Phrases/Idioms: Learn the correct usage of phrases, idioms in different contexts. A word combined with a small other word changes its meaning and usage and may no longer be used in the same context.
5. Para jumbles & English Usage: Once you get the grasp of vocabulary, correct formation of sentence, the grammar rules, the sequence of jumbled paragraphs, completion of last sentence can be practiced with much finesse and
ease. However, more and more practice in this section is necessary to improve the reading skills and answering the related questions.
To know in detail about Verbal Ability, click on the following links:
Verbal Ability for CAT 2012: Know the common errors in the Grammar questions & the ways to tackle
Reading Comprehension for CAT 2012: What they check & how to prepare
CAT 2012 Verbal Ability: Strategies to strengthen Grammar & English Usage
10 tips to prepare & improve your Vocabulary for CAT 2012 Verbal Ability
For more information, visit: http://www.mbauniverse.com/cat2012/cat_2012_article/id/5983/
|Related Tags: CAT 2012 Verbal Ability, CAT 2012, Verbal Ability|
If you have any questions regarding information in this press release, please contact the person listed in the Contact / Company information box of this page. Please do not attempt to contact Market Press Release. We will be unable to assist you with any information regarding this release. Market Press Release disclaims any content contained in this press release.